I could have gone with the somewhat cheesy jerseys the Islanders had in the 90s but...I actually like them so the next logical decision had to be a reference to Castaway right? Sure, sounds good to me.
- Jimmy Howard will get his ninth straight start in between the pipes for Detroit tonight. Should be interesting to see how he follows up two spectacular nights after a few days of rest. I think he will be able to get it done against the Islanders attack.
- John Tavares is a star already. He leads all rookies in goals with 16 and has 13 assists to go with it. No wonder the franchise is trying to build around him. He's tallied 11 of his 16 goals in games against teams from outside of his own division, so he can get it done against the rest of the league.
- Tavares is actually tied with Matt Moulson for the team lead in goals at 16. Another up-and-comer Kyle Okposo is at 9 goals with 21 assists. Not bad for the young guys on the team.
- Big Johnathan Ericsson is hoping for a return to the line-up on Thursday. This means bye-bye to Doug Janik for the Carolina game more than likely. I can't see any reason why the Wings would keep him in the press box unless the Carolina game is just a test for Ericsson.
- How will Pavel Datsyuk do tonight? He flipped the switch in the last game and was making the plays that we as Red Wings fans are accustomed to.
- Darren Helm is getting the engine going. Helm has 5 goals in the last 5 games. Yeah, you read that right. The kid is getting it rolling and has found hands to go with his exceptional speed, grit, and hockey sense. He's the driving force behind what has quickly turned into the most dangerous line (in my opinion) that the Wings put out there.
- Lighthouse Hockey, the best Islanders blog on the internet, is your go-to source for the Islanders side of things.