Traveling to Dallas has never been fun for the Wings and they're on their way there again. Detroit is coming off a much needed win, 4-1 over the Hurricanes, after dropping the game on Long Island 6-0.
- First off, today's game is at 2 p.m. , not a night game. In fact, both games this weekend are day games. Game is on FS-Detroit.
- James "Tiberius" Howard, as he is being called these days (Star Trek reference, probably the only one I'll ever make, in addition to KHAN!) starts his 11th straight game in net tonight. Just as a point of reference, the last game that Chris Osgood started was all the way back on December 20th, a 3-0 loss to Chicago.
- Since Jimmy's streak began, he has gone 6-3-1 with a 1.80 GAA (if my math is right). He's only allowed one goal in 6 of the 10 games, pretty amazing if you ask me.
- Last time Detroit faced Dallas, it was in Dallas the night before a game in Chicago. Sound familiar? It should because that's exactly what this weekend is. Perhaps this weekend will be a different result as the Wings dropped the game against Dallas 4-3 and got shut-out the next day in Chicago 3-0.
- Looking at the calendar, it's the last time the Wings face the Stars this season. Dallas has 2-1 lead in the four game series but Detroit can even it up against a team that has struggled mightily lately. Dallas started out fairly strong but has slipped into a tie with Anaheim for last in the Pacific division.
- Around "The Nation", there are some great posts on the hockey sites lately. Blueshirt Banter goes The Onion path with a post, The Curious Case of Peter Mueller is examined by Five For Howling, Battle of California's LA Kings casting call yield some good laughs, Bird Watchers Anonymous recaps the Kovalchuk "trade offers", On the Forecheck examines the Preds' relationship with Sports Authority, and Copper & Blue re-lives Bill Masterson's last game.
- Defending Big D is the Dallas Stars SB Nation affiliate. Head over there to check out some stuff pre-game. Or to the Red Wings vs Stars game page for any stories linked to the game. Defending Big D has a great article up on the Dallas centers as well.
Niskanen - Robidas
Skrastins - Daley
Fistric - Woywitka