Okay I've been annoyed to hell and back by some homecoming campaigning at my college so I thought that with Mike Modano's homecoming to Dallas, what better theme? [Note: some of these are more of a spin on the ridiculous campaigns I've heard this week and make no damn sense at all] And while we're at it, offer up your own campaign slogans.
- Chris is bliss! Jimmy Howard let in 4 goals during the loss to the Avs and will sit out tonight's game. Osgood will start for the second time this season after earning a win over the Blackhawks last Saturday. Osgood played pretty well in his first outing of the season with the exception of one weak goal. He gave the Wings the chance to win it as they were outshot by Chicago and he'll need to be sharp again tonight.
- Give Mo' a go! This will surely be an emotional night for Mike Modano back in front of the Dallas fans. Modano was the biggest story of the offseason for Detroit and he made his presence known in the first game by scoring on his first shot as a Red Wing. He disappeared a bit during the Chicago game and had a bad game against Colorado but expect him to be on his game tonight in front of his former home crowd.
- Tuzz it or Lose it! Anybody else been pleasantly surprised with Todd Bertuzzi this season? I know it's a young season and there's loads more games to play but the Tuzz leads all Red Wings players in scoring with 5 points and is actually tied for third in the league. Yes, really. Bertuzzi's also been playing some solid defense so far this year and has shut down a few scoring chances on the backcheck.
- Stu will do! Brad Stuart has been perhaps the most solid defensive players for Detroit this year. He's rarely been out of position and has made good plays on the puck as well. He's really matured his game over the recent years and is quietly one of the more solid defenders on the team, even though he gets hardly any respect for it.
- Loui, Loui, Loui, Loui Loui Eriksson has really come along during his four full seasons in Dallas and his production has increased every year thus far. He scored a pair of goals (including the OT winner) in the Stars opener against the Devils.
- Lehtonen will let 'em in! That would probably be the worst campaign slogan but it isn't an untruth either. Kari let in 3 to the Devils and 4 to the Islanders and has a 3.32 GAA. However, he also has a 2-0 record so there's that...
Defending Big D is your Dallas Stars SB Nation affiliate. Check 'em out, they do great work. More after the jump...