I get incredibly bored during lunch at work and this is what I end up doing: making a table of meaningless stats for you all to absorb and hopefully enjoy. Either way, here are player paces for the Wings. Not nearly as meaningful as my Pace Standings, but still cool to see nonetheless.
|Player||Games Played||Games Missed||
|Time On Ice||Goals||Assists||Points||Points Per Game||Pace||Career Highs|
- We currently have 7 players on pace to have career seasons, at least point wise. Datsyuk, Lidstrom, Cleary, Franzen, Filpulla, Abdelkader, and Ericsson
- Bertuzzi is set to have the best season of his career post-Vancouver
- Hudler is set to easily have the worst season of his career
- For guys like Draper and Modano, these numbers are obviously inaccurate
- Datsyuk is doing the best of his career, but so is his biggest Hart Trophy opponent: Sydney Crosby is on pace to break the 130 point barrier. The last player to do that? Only the man who drafted him and let him live in his house, Mario Lemieux.
- Lidstrom, at 40 years old, is having the best season of his career. The most likely candidate for the Norris trophy 30 games in and, for the first time in his career, is getting Hart Trophy whispers. The best part? He's doing it while playing the fewest minutes of his career post-Konstantinov. The Perfect Human, indeed.
- CURLY FRIES.
I don't expect to do this one too often, but once a month or something makes for a neat analysis, I think. Did I miss anything good other than Jimmy on pace to hit 50 wins?