Seeing as how we JUST DID THIS LAST WEEK, we'll make this post relatively short. There's some good, some bad, and some we'll see.
- First off, two birthday wishes. Happy blogging birthday to The Triple Deke, 2 years of posts celebrated today. Happy human birthday to our buddy motownchollis from Motown Wings, The Obstructed View, and formerly WIM. Happy birthday to both and hopefully there will be a W for a present.
- Jimmy Howard starts in net. Here's a break down of the numbers for Jimmy recently. 7th straight start for him and has started 27 of the last 31 games, that's 90% of the starts going the way of Jimmy.
- Will the Wings continue their domination over San Jose? Odd how the Wings are 3-0 against the top team in the West but have a losing record to two of the bottom three in the West. The scores against San Jose this year are: 2-1 (SO), 4-1, and 4-2.
- Niklas Kronwall is out again after still having knee troubles. So what started as Kronwall just "waiting for a brace" is apparently a little more. I'm betting that knee isn't ready to go before the break and Kronner misses some of or all of the Olympics.
Tomas Holmstrom is listed as doubtful so chances are he'll be out.UPDATE: Homer is likely goign to play tonight, so nevermind bout that...But, continuing: Homer's even starting to worry that he may not be able to play in Vancouver. If Homer can't go for the Tre Kronor, expect Johan Franzen to be a likely replacement candidate.
- Patrick Eaves is out again. So expect either Drew Miller or Kirk Maltby to step up onto the third line again. I actually like Maltby over Miller on that line because you'd be replacing a righthanded shot (Eaves) with another righthanded shot (Maltby).
- Speaking of Franzen, how will he play in his second game back? Often the thought process is that a player will play really well in his first game back from injury but slack off a bit after. But with Mule missing so much time and being such a dominant player, I don't see that happening. In fact, I think we could see a very good game out of #93 tonight.
- Again, speaking of Franzen, check out this glorious post by Rob Discher part-time WIM-er, half of TPL, and one hundred percent badass. Rob goes into detail on the hopes of Franzen and the Mulestache.
- Sharks were blanked by the Blue Jackets last night 3-0. Steve Mason stopped all 40 of the San Jose shots while Patrick Marleau and Joe Thornton were both a -3.
- Since the Capitals win streak started, they've picked up 28 points while the Wings have picked up 13 points in that same span on the calendar. By comparison, the Wings longest win streak this year is a whopping 4 games. Woo!
- Other scores: Predators won 2-1 over Rangers but probably the biggest score was Anaheim taking Edmonton down 3-2. With that win, the Ducks are tied with the Red Wings in points but the Wings have a game in hand. A win or a tie tonight and the Wings will be ahead
- Also, the entire Pacific division is in the hunt for the playoffs. Could be dangerous for a Wings team trying to hold on to 8th place as Dallas is chasing them as well.
- The Sharks leading goal scorer is still Patrick Marleau with 38 and Dany Heatley close behind at 32. Joe Thornton has 59 assists, that guy is a set-up machine.
- If you're scoreboard watching again tonight while the Wings are playing, Dallas at Calgary should be an interesting one. As long as it's not a three point game...
- Fear The Fin is the Sharks affiliate on SB Nation. Check it out.