Detroit comes to Philly after dropping the bonus point against Nashville. Philly dropped its last contest, a 1-0 loss to Montreal. Short preview with the short turnaround.
- Chris Osgood gets the start for Detroit. Wait...who? Oh, THAT guy. Kidding of course. Everyone still loves Ozzie but it's just the first time he has started since JANUARY 27th. Ozzie's last start was a 5-2 loss to Minnesota. His numbers for this year aren't that great: 7-8-4 with a 2.97 GAA and .890 SV %.
- A Detroit win puts them in the playoffs. With a win, the two points put Detroit at 98 points, out of reach of Calgary.
- IMPORTANT: the game starts at 12:30 p.m. ET. Two straight early day games for the Wings. Let's see if the travel from Detroit to Philly catches up to the team given the early start time.
- Philadelphia's leading goal scorer is Jeff Carter. Carter has 33 goals but has a broken foot that has troubled him.
- How about Holmstrom's performance in the Nashville game? He dished out 3 assists in the game and was playing well in the corners and in front of the net.
- Philadelphia's hanging on for it's playoff lives after going 2-6-2 in its last 10 games. Currently, Philly is tied with New York Rangers with 82 points.
- Philadelphia has used a remarkable 5 goalies this year. Two of the five have only played one game though while Brian Boucher, Ray Emery, Michael Leighton have shared the majority of the games. Emery and Leighton have had trouble with injuries.
- Man I hate Chris Pronger. That's all.
- Broad Street Hockey is your SB Nation affiliate for Flyers info. Check it out.