For those that may have missed the new feature yesterday, we're back with the second installment of an infinite series of posts. To recycle my words from yesterday (and I'll probably do this for the first 5 numbers), here's an explanation:
Well hello, this is a new daily feature. I've seen some other blogs around the SBN network incorporate this and I think it's a neat idea. Basically, we'll give you a number each day and some random facts an trivia about the number and or the player who has that jersey number.
Today, we've got the number 11 for you. So everything below is based on the number 11. Enjoy!
- 11: as in the number of Stanley Cups the Detroit Red Wings have won. The years of those Cups are as follows: '36, '37, '43, '50, '52, '54, '55, '97, '98, '02, '08
- 11: the number good friend and hair enthusiast Michael Petrella wore during his time at DePaul.
Darren Helm and Niklas Kronwall both have 11 goals on the season. Darren Helm is also a +11.
- Justin Abdelkader, Jonathan Ericsson and Mike Modano all have 11 assists on the season.
- The Red Wings have 11 players with 10 or more goals this season. Only Boston (11) Phoenix (11) have as many players with 10 or more goals.
- Where Henrik Zetterberg ranks on all-time goal scorers for the Red Wings. Where Hank also ranks all-time in assists. In fact, he is tied with John Ogrodnick for 11th all-time in points.
- Jason Williams was a +11 during his time in Detroit...cool.
- 11: That's numberwang!
- The length of Johan Franzen's contract extension back in April of 2009.
- How many more points Jonathan Ericsson (14) has than Brett Lebda (3)...for a cap hit of $550,000 less.
- 11:38, the average time on ice per game for Drew Miller.
- Trivia Question: Who wore #11 directly before Dan Cleary? Answer after the jump.
Trivia answer and various non-hockey facts bout the number after the jump. Also, don't forget to add any of your own in!
Trivia answer: Mathieu Dandenault. Dandenault played 9 seasons in Detroit (only 34 games in one of the seasons) and scored 48 goals with 89 assists. His time with the Wings ended with the lockout season and he played for Asiago HC in Italy (aka the Big Cheese).
- The volume level that good amplifiers go up to (JJ's)
- The first of the two-digit prime numbers (also JJ's)
- The atomic number of Sodium.
- The number of seasons of M*A*S*H
- World War I ended on the 11th hour of the 11th day of the 11th month.
- For Graham: the Maple Leaf on the Canada flag has 11 points
Lord of the Rings: Return of the King, Ben Hur and Titanic each won 11 Academy Awards. You know who would know this with out having to look it up? @mpetrella, that's who.