There is quite a bit of stuff related to the number 4 so I expect no less than 4 X 10 comments.
- The number of Stanley Cups won by the Red Wings in the past 20 years.
- The number of Stanley Cups won by the Red Wings in the 1950s alone.
- During 4 decades (1930s-1960s), the Red Wings played in a total of 18 Stanley Cup Finals, going 7-11.
- The number of games needed to win a playoff series. The number of rounds needed to win the Stanley Cup.
- The number of consecutive Stanley Cup wins by the New York Islanders in the 1980s. The team that beat them in their bid for #5, the Edmonton Oilers, went on to win 4 Cups in 5 years. From 1976-1979, the Montreal Canadiens won 4 straight Cups as well.
- The number of shootout wins and shootout losses (4 each) for the Red Wings this season.
- The number currently worn by Jakub Kindl. Players to wear the number before him:
Harry Meeking, Archie Briden, George Hay, Herb Lewis, John Sorrell, Gus Giesebrecht, Sid Abel, Jim Orlando, Harold Jackson, Jim McFadden, Doug McCaig, Al Dewsbury, Red Kelly, Marc Reaume, Howie Young, Bill Gadsby, Ron Harris, Bob Wall, Leo Boivin, Bob Baun, Larry Brown, Arnie Brown, Thommie Bergman, Bart Crashley, Rick Lapointe, Terry Murray, Larry Giroux, John Hilworth, Rick Vasko, Tom Bladon, Rejean Cloutier, Colin Campbell, Tim Friday, Jim Leavins, Jeff Sharples, Rick Zombo, Bob McGill, Mark Howe, Jamie Pushor, Uwe Krupp, Jamie Rivers, Cory Cross, Kyle Quincey
Sergei Fedorov is 4th all-time in goals for the Red Wings with 400. Alex Delvecchio ranks 4th in assists with 825. Lidstrom is 4th in points at 1,103 and games played with 1,485.
- Among goalies, Roger Crozier is 4th in wins with 131, Manny Legace is 4th (for players with 20+ GP) in GAA with 2.18.
- The number of decades that Gordie Howe played in the NHL. Note, this is not consecutive years of course, but different decades totaled.
- The NHL ranking of Detroit's power play (21.9%).
- The number of words in the blog's name.
- Where Henrik Zetterberg currently sits in the NHL for assists with 52.
- The number of goals Brian Rafalski has scored this season. Rafalski has 36 assists to go with those goals though, totaling 40 points--a multiple of 4. Also, Valtteri Filppula has 4 power play goals and 4 power play assists this year.
- The number of points Brett Lebda has this season for Toronto. Come on, Lebs. Andreas Lilja has 7 points and he didn't even start the season on a team!
- Trivia Question: Which Red Wing ranks fourth in shorthanded goals with 18?
Trivia answer: Well, this is convenient. Kirk Maltby.
Other facts about the number 4.
- The atomic number of Beryllium. Atomic symbol of Beryllium (Be).
- There are entirely too many possibilities so let loose in the comments.