- The Devils may have fixed their cap woes yesterday, both near and long term, by trading Brian Rolston to the Islanders for Trent Hunter. The Devils were going to push themselves very close to the cap by re-signing Zach Parise, but this deal saves them about $3 million in cap space for the year. The Devils are fortunate Garth Snow likes them.
- Puck Daddy has their list of the top 25 defensemen up. Nicklas Lidstrom is... #4? Apparently Wyshynski has been getting a lot of crap for these lists, despite not writing them.
The rankings on PD in my absence are what they are: One writer's opinion. Like you, there's stuff I agree with and stuff I don't.
- Darren McCarty was at a Great Lakes Loons baseball game yesterday in Midland, MI, as part of the Red Wings Legends Series.
- The Canucks re-signed Jannik Hansen yesterday. Good move by them; he had 29 points last season while leading the team in hits. Not bad at all.
- I get the feeling New York may be down to two teams soon. Things are not looking good with getting a new arena built, though they could move cross-town and share a brand new arena with the Brooklyn Nets in two years.
- Lastly, the Wings revealed the numbers of our new players yesterday on Twitter:
The new #RedWings will wear the following jersey numbers this season: @commie22 (22); White (18); Conklin (29), Conner (41) and Exelby (3).