- MLive has some quotes from an interview Ken Holland did with WDFN. Chief among them were his thoughts on Ericsson.
Jonathan Ericsson is still a work in progress, like most 27-year-old defensemen, and he's 6-foot-5.
As you saw, what happened from July 1 on, we had to make a decision in advance of July 1, and I think, based on what happened, we're pretty happy with that decision.
- Malik is in Traverse City reporting on the Wings Prospect Camp.
- Malik also reports that Jeff Blashill, Western Michigan Univsersity hockey head coach, is one of the finalists for the vacant assistant coach jobs on Babcock's staff. He joins former Florida coach Pete DeBoer and ex-Windsor Spitfires coach Bob Boughner as possibilities.
- No word yet on the Conklin/Osgood situation. Although it sounds like those are the only two possibilities (with Joey MacDonald being a very distant option), is there anyone else you think Ken should be looking at?
- Jamie Langenbrunner and Jason Arnott, former Devils teammates, will reunite in St. Louis this season.
- Puck Daddy reports that Guy Carbonneau seems likely to be named head coach of the Devils, through some very interesting sleuthing.
- The Maple Leafs signed Philippe Dupuis yesterday. This is news only because I thought they had signed Pascal Dupuis and was shocked to learn they are not even related. Damn.
- Craig Ramsay, former head coach of the former Atlanta team formerly called the Thrashers, has formally joined the Panthers as an assistant coach.