The Wings are getting set for tonight's game in
Phoenix Glendale Arizona against a Coyotes squad who went to a shootout in Anaheim last night, ultimately losing to the Ducks. This will be the last game of the season between these two teams which have met in the playoffs two out of the last four seasons.
Since it's a Saturday, the Diggers are working a bit lighter than usual, but here's what's key for updates.
- Mike Smith played last night. I haven't heard from anybody who says whether he's expected to play tonight, but I'm going to guess that Thomas Greiss gets the nod.
- Niklas Kronwall is considered day-to-day by the club. He didn't skate in the morning practice and is almost certainly out tonight. I'd be surprised if he played in either of the next two games.
- Martin Hanzal is playing in his 400th NHL game tonight. Not crucial, but hey, it's a big round number so congrats to a guy I don't dislike.
- The 'Yotes went 0-for-6 on the power play last night and are pretty mad at themselves for pissing away a lead and losing to the Ducks.
- The Two Kids and a Goat redux line of Zetterberg-Datsyuk-Alfredsson skated together. I really like that line.
- Mikael Samuelsson is back in the lineup in place of Jordin Tootoo. the likely scenario is that with Kindl moving up to play on the first power play unit, Samuelsson will slot into the point on the second. Just for funsies though, I'm going to imagine it's because a trade is coming (it's not).
Projected Coyotes lineup:
|Rob Klinkhammer||Antoine Vermette||Shane Doan|
|Mikkel Boedker||Martin Hanzal||Radim Vrbata|
|Lauri Korpikoski||Mike Ribeiro||David Moss|
|Kyle Chipchura||Jeff Halpern||Paul Bissonnette|
|Oliver Ekman-Larsson||Zbynek Michalek|
|Keith Yandle||Derek Morris|
|Rusty Klesla||Michael Stone|
Let's Go Red Wings!!!