- Petr Mrazek has been called up. This is not a drill. Jimmy Howard is still expected to start tonight in Calgary, but with the back-to-back situation and with Jonas Gustavsson hurting and possibly not able to start tomorrow, Mrazek is great insurance.
- As mentioned in this morning's Quick Hits, Luke Glendening has been reassigned to Grand Rapids with Johan Franzen returning to the lineup after missing the game in Vancouver due to
Franzenfacean upper-body injury.
- For as much wailing and teeth-gnashing as there's been this season with the frustration over roster spots, cap space, and certain young players (not) getting into the lineup, the Red Wings still hold a certain reverence for other teams. Despite the recent four-game losing the streak, it's still nice to know the target is still squarely on our backs, and for good reason.
- Even Flames fans didn't really hold out high hopes for this team, but at 5-5-2 and still ahead of the Edmonton Oilers in the standings, I'd be ecstatic if I were a Flames fan.
- The organization elected to keep rookie center Sean Monahan around for the rest of the season instead of sending him back to juniors. With 6 goals and 4 assists in his first 12 games as a pro, the kid is doing pretty well for himself. So you just know he's going to torch the Red Wings tonight.
- Calgary will be without the services of two critical players for a while. Captain and defenseman Mark Giordano and forward Lee Stempniak will both miss the next few weeks with
a broken ankle and foot respectivelylower-body injuries.
- Tonight is the third of a three-game homestand for Calgary. They demolished Washington on Saturday night before falling to our Atlantic division foes the Toronto Maple Leafs. (That will always feel really weird to type.) For a team from whom much wasn't expected, 3-1-1 to start at home is pretty strong.
Flames' projected lines
|Curtis Glencross||Matt Stajan||David Jones|
|Sven Baertschi||Sean Monahan||Jiri Hudler|
|Michael Cammalleri||Joe Colborne||T.J. Galiardi|
|Lance Bouma||Mikael Backlund||Brian McGrattan|
|Kris Russell||Dennis Wideman|
|Chris Butler||T.J. Brodie|
|Derek Smith||Shane O'Brien|
LET'S GO RED WINGS