I'm not sure I can take seeing this many Western Conference teams so soon, especially when we still haven't played the Maple Leafs and Canadiens
and Panthers yet. Familiar faces and an incident that's become a meme in and of itself should hopefully make for a good hockey game tonight. (Note: Do not click that link if you want to refrain from being angry.) Of course, it's only good if the Red Wings win.
- I sure hope Brendan Smith can make an impact from the seventh defense spot in the lineup tonight, because he's d-man number 7 to go along with 11 forwards in red tonight. If the Red Wings win/ lose, you know whom to credit/ blame.
- Danny DeKeyser IS playing tonight despite leaving practice with the flu yesterday. No changes in the forward lines from Michelle's Morning Skate; updated defense pairs are DeKeyser with Quincey, and Lashoff with Kindl, with Smith rotating in on the back end.
- Chris Chelios, he of the recent induction to the Hockey Hall of Fame, will be honored for said induction tonight at the Joe in a pre-game ceremony.
- The Predators returned to Nashville Saturday from their CMA Awards road trip and trounced the defending champion Chicago Blackhawks 7-2 to snap a 4-game losing streak. Their stay home obviously won't last long as they are at the Joe tonight.
- With Pekka Rinne out, Marek
Mazacen Mazance Mrazec?Mazanec is projected to get the start in goal tonight for the Predators. With a record of 1-2-0, .911 sv%, and 3.16 GAA, the kid is used to seeing a lot of rubber flying his way, so it's up to the Red Wings to block out the sun in front of him tonight.
- The Predators are currently last in the Central Division and third from last in the Western Conference. Ordinarily, I'd be laughing, but with the way the West is progressing, I'm so glad we're not in that conference anymore.
- The Predators' projected lineup:
|David Legwand||Viktor Stahlberg|
|Mike Fisher||Patric Hornqvist|
|Matt Cullen||Craig Smith|
|Paul Gaustad||Matt Hendricks|
I'll leave you all with this from Helene St. James' preview of tonight's game:
"It's been a weird, weird stretch here," forward Justin Abdelkader said after today’s morning skate. "I think we've been playing some good hockey. Unfortunately, it seems like when it's at the end of games, and if we're up or we give up a late goal and go into overtime, whether it's overtime or shoot-out, we haven't been able to pull it out. But I think we are doing a lot of good things and, hopefully, we can build off that."
It starts with you, Mr. Abdelkader. The time to bring it is now. Tonight. The overtime losing ends here. As chicagowingsfreak! always says, it's time to GET HUNGRY AND GO GET THAT DINNER!!!
LET'S GO RED WINGS!!!