Please excuse me while I be a fan for a moment *clears throat*:
- With Justin Abdelkader unfortunately out because of a head-hit from Deryk Engelland last night, Tomas Jurco has been called up to the Red Wings to take his spot in the lineup. Jurco on 24/7 anyone?
- Following up on Abdelkader-Engelland, the Penguins defenseman will have an in-person hearing on Wednesday. Off the heels of Shawn Thornton's 15-game suspension, Shanahan probably won't be happy to have another student in the dean of discipline's office so quickly.
- In other news, Mikael Samuelsson will still be a healthy scratch.
- To make roster space for Jurco, Darren Helm has been placed on IR.
- Petr Mrazek will get the start tonight.
- Given that I haven't seen anything resembling news about a morning skate, I'm not really sure what to make of how the line combinations are going to shake out. Despite the recent rash of injuries, I'm not sure Mike Babcock's gotten a chance to use his favorite line blender toy in the last few weeks. Feel free to update or correct me in the comments if/ when news comes out before game-time.
- The Lightning got shutout by the New Jersey Devils last night. My current favorite former Red Wing Damien Brunner scored the game-winning goal.
- Anders Lindback got the start yesterday against the New Jersey Devils, so Ben Bishop is your probable starter for today's game.
- Steven Stamkos skated for the first time in public at Prudential Center yesterday. I can't wait to see some of our players get and stay healthy.
Lightning's projected lines:
FORWARDS Ondrej Palat Tyler Johnson Martin St. Louis Alex Killorn Valtteri Filppula Teddy Purcell J.T. Brown Nate Thompson Nikita Kucherov B.J. Crombeen Dana Tyrell Pierre-Cedric Labrie DEFENSE Eric Brewer Andrej Sustr Matt Carle Radko Gudas Sami Salo Matt Taormina GOALTENDING Ben Bishop Anders Lindback
A Sunday game where both teams are on the second leg of a back-to-back? I don't even care anymore. Just win. Get Jurco some ice time, make it ugly, make it pretty, do whatever. (Just DON'T get it to the shootout.) Make home ice feel like home ice again. I just want to see a 16 in the W column by the end of tonight. Then we can celebrate it again next week on 24/7.
GET HUNGRY! LET'S GO RED WINGS!!!