7:30p ET, Joe Louis Arena
TV: NBCSN, TSN2
Radio: 97.1 The Ticket
Blues Blog: St. Louis Game Time
The Blues again?
This is the 13th game of this lockout shortened season and just over a third of the year has been played against St. Louis. The tables have turned a bit since the the Red Wings got their asses kicked 6-0 on the road in the season opener. Henrik Zetterberg led the way with a hat trick in a 5-3 win in the second contest. Less than a week ago the bottom six forwards came alive in a 5-1 victory for the good guys.
It's streak versus streak in this contest. Detroit's three game winning streak is up against the Blues' five game losing streak. I think you can throw everything out the window though. These two teams are going to literally beat the crap out of each other. The Blues are going to want revenge for their last two losses and finally end their skid. The Wings will want to prove they really are the better team and continue their fight to stay in the Western Conference's top eight.
The lineup is expected to remain status quo from Sunday. Todd Bertuzzi is still out with his back issues. Mikael Samuelsson skated, but likely won't see time until this weekend if he is eventually good to go. Jimmy Howard will be the starting netminder once again. For the Blues, Jaroslav Halak is still out with a groin injury. Brian Elliott will likely get the start again for St. Louis.
The Expected Lineup
Jimmy Howard (starting)
|BLUES||THE MATCH-UP||RED WINGS|
|6-5-1 (13 pts; T-9th in West)||Record||7-4-1 (15 pts; T-6th in West)|
|3.17 (T-4th in NHL)||Goals Per Game||2.67 (T-15th in NHL)|
|3.25 (T-25th)||Goals Against Per Game||2.67 (T-16th)|
|34.8% (1st)||Power Play %||14.8% (23rd)|
|75.6% (23rd)||Penalty Kill %||73.7% (26th)|
|3 tied with 5 goals||Goal Leader||Damien Brunner (6 goals)|
|Kevin Shattenkirk (13 points)||Points Leader||Henrik Zetterberg (18 points)|
- The Red Wings are 116-108-37-7 (W-L-T-OTL) all-time against the St. Louis Blues.
- St. Louis has lost five straight games. Two of the five losses have been at the hands of the Wings.
- Last time these two teams squared off was last Thursday. Detroit exploded to a 5-1 win. Emmerton, Cleary, Kindl, Brunner and Filppula all scored for the Wings. It was an explosion of points from the bottom six forwards in this game.
- Detroit is 2-1-0 against the Blues this season. Tonight will be game four of five between the two clubs.
- Howard is 11-5-1 with a 2.55 GAA and .917 SV% with one shutout in 17 career starts against the Blues.