10:00p ET, Rogers Arena
TV: Fox Sports Detroit Plus, NHLN (US), CBC, RDS2
Radio: 97.1 The Ticket
Canucks Blog: Nucks Misconduct
Last night's win was a good one. It may not have been pretty early, but it was sure as hell beautiful at the end. No rest for the weary though. The Red Wings hit the ice again tonight in Vancouver. It's not going to be a repeat of the last time these two teams met either. The Canucks will not get blown out on their home ice. And we all know there is no way in hell the Wings' offensive of the past two weeks will score eight goals.
The lineup will likely remain the same except for one change. Kyle Quincey will not play after being hit in the face by the puck last night. He could have a fractured cheek. That means that everyone's favorite outspoken Red Wings will be back on the ice. Ian White should return and could be paired with Brendan Smith or one of the guys on the third pair. With that said, wouldn't it be funny if Mike Babcock pulls the ultimate dick move and starts Kent Huskins? I'd get a good laugh at that one.
The Expected Lineup
Brendan Smith - Ian White
Jimmy Howard (starting)
Scratches: Patrick Eaves and Kent Huskins
|RED WINGS||THE MATCH-UP||CANUCKS|
|13-10-5 (31 pts; 5th in West)||Record||13-7-6 (32 pts; 3rd in West)|
|2.54 (19th in NHL)||Goals Per Game||2.77 (13th in NHL)|
|2.54 (10th)||Goals Against Per Game||2.58 (11th)|
|15.3% (24th)||Power Play %||14.4% (27th)|
|79.0% (21st)||Penalty Kill %||81.4% (14th)|
|Damien Brunner (10 goals)||Goal Leader||Daniel Sedin (8 goals)|
|Henrik Zetterberg (28 points)||Points Leader||Henrik Sedin (26 points)|
- The Red Wings are 83--54-18-5(W-L-T-OTL) all-time against the Vancouver Canucks.
- Vancouver has won two straight. They dropped seven goals on the Predators on Thursday night.
- The Wings are 2-3-0 on Saturdays this season. All three Saturday losses have come on the road.
- Detroit is 4-2-0 against Canadian teams this season.
- The last time these two teams met was February 24. The Wings exploded with an 8-3 home win. Tootoo, Kronwall, Cleary and Zetterberg each scored a goal for Detroit. Andersson and Brunner each added a pair. The Wings scored three power play goals in the 2nd period.
- Detroit is 5-3-2 in their last 10 games. Vancouver is 4-4-2.
- Howard is 8-5-1 with a 2.92 GAA and .905 SV% with 1 shutout in 14 career starts against the Canucks.