7:30p ET, Joe Louis Arena
TV: Fox Sports Detroit, NBCSN, TSN, RDS
Radio: 97.1 The Ticket
Coyotes Blog: Five For Howling
The following is a guest preview from friend and long time reader, Jen MacRostie (@jennyquarx). She had a few thoughts she felt like sharing.
The Expected Lineup
Jimmy Howard (starting)
Scratches: Ian White and friends
|COYOTES||THE MATCH-UP||RED WINGS|
|19-17-8 (46 pts; 11th in West)||Record||20-16-8 (48 pts; 9th in West)|
|2.50 (19th in NHL)||Goals Per Game||2.43 (24th in NHL)|
|2.57 (14th)||Goals Against Per Game||2.43 (9th)|
|14.4% (27th)||Power Play %||17.3% (17th)|
|81.8% (12th)||Penalty Kill %||80.5% (19th)|
|Shane Doan (13 goals)||Goal Leader||Pavel Datsyuk (13 goals)|
|Mikkel Boedker (25 points)||Points Leader||Pavel Datsyuk (41 points)|
- The Red Wings are 64-41-22-3 (W-L-T-OTL) all-time against the Phoenix Coyotes franchise.
- Phoenix has lost 4 of it's lsat 6 games, but are coming off a shootout win over the Blackhawks.
- The Wings are 3-0-0 on Mondays this season. That's got to be a good sign, right? RIGHT?! (Nope. See below)
- Ansar Khan(!)'s Happy Stat of the Day:
The Red Wings are 0-3-1 this season in the first game back home after a trip to the West Coast or Western Canada. They have been outscored 13-4:
March 3: 2-1 shootout loss to Chicago with two-day break.
March 20: 4-2 loss to Minnesota with three-day break.
March 31: 7-1 loss to Chicago with two-day break.
April 7: 1-0 loss to St. Louis with one-day break.
- The last time these two teams met was April 4. Phoenix won 4-2. Filppula and Cleary scored.
- Detroit is 3-4-3 in their last 10 games. Phoenix is 5-2-3.
- Howard is 7-1-2 with a 2.32 GAA and .927 SV% with in 10 career regular starts against the Coyotes.