I would like to extend my congratulations on eliminating the Anaheim Ducks from post-season play. If there is a next time that you face them in the playoffs, it will be in a four game sweep during the Stanley Cup Finals, though I don’t think they have the cojones to ever mount another challenge for that exalted piece of hardware. Your short-handed goal was a thing of pure beauty, from your perfect timing on the interception to the placement of the biscuit in the basket. Thank you.
However, I feel that I must apologize for the vile thoughts I had steered in your direction for most of the season. For this I have voluntarily skated to the box. Two minutes, by myself, and I feel shame. After last night, I am wondering if it should be a five minute major, because my thoughts were very vile. And vocal. And illegal, except in those states that should not have hockey teams like Tennessee and Florida.
The Jack Adams Coach of the Year (Years 2006-2011, 2013) Mike Babcock obviously knows more about hockey than I do. I am pretty sure his death stare ignited my Tomas Holmstrom Fathead, but how he did it through the TV has me shaking my head. The message “Abby will prevail” is still etched into the wall and my landlord is not happy. [Okay, my mom was not happy to see her basement wall defaced and the Hummel figurines melted.]
In closing Mr. Abdelkader, I am very sorry for the following:
· Hoping you were traded at the deadline;
· Looking to rename the Leino Lounge in your honor – Justin’s Joynt;
· Threatening a lawsuit against you for my broken Zenith 17” TV after your Superman hit on Toni Lydman;
· Waiting for your eternal rehabilitation assignment to start in Grand Rapids or even Toledo;
· Initiating the lawsuit, on your behalf, to recoup the lost money you spent on fighting lessons and finally;
· For ever doubting your tenacity and desire to win as a Detroit Red Wing.
I hope we can let bygones be bygones and that you will continue to show me why Coach Babcock is right in putting you up on the first line. Or anywhere he sees fit for you.
PS. Would you sign my Justin Abdelkader Bobblehead doll?