- The Red Wings scored 3 power play goals in last night's game in Detroit. For a team that has been struggling with special teams as of late, that's huge.
- Daniel Alfredsson scored his first goal on Joe Louis Arena ice last night. Let's hope he sticks it to the fans that invaded Melnyk's palace over the last two decades.
- Is there a goalie controversy in Toronto or something?
- This is the last chance for a few players on both rosters to prove that they indeed belong in the NHL, as the Wings have some cap clearing to do and will almost certainly make use of Waivers this coming Sunday
- Phil Kessel is putting his wood chopping skills to use and went to work in the forest for a week or two. He'll be back soon with a longer beard and weirder faces.
- This is David Clarkson's last game before he officially goes on maternity leave. Hilariously, he's not playing.
The Wings' lineup hasn't been released yet, but the eight players they called up from Grand Rapids will probably be playing. That list includes Mitch Callahan, Calle Jarnkrok, Teemu Pulkkinen, Riley Sheahan, Ryan Sproul, and Jared Coreau. They also signed Jeff Hoggan and Nathan Paetsch to professional try outs to be available to play. We'll update in the comments or the gamethread if/when the lines are released.
Leafs Projected Lineup:
|Jerry D'Amigo||Trevor Smith||Troy Bodie|
|David Broll||Dave Bolland||Spencer Abbott|
|Carter Ashton||Joe Colborne||Josh Leivo|
|Jamie Devane||Greg McKegg||Colton Orr|
|Morgan Rielly||John-Michael Liles|
|Andrew MacWilliam||Cody Franson|
|Stuart Percy||Korbinian Holzer|
Please, share your funniest Leafs jokes in the comments.