The Red Wings played 3 games in 4 nights right before having 3 days to travel, rest, recover, practice, and heal. They did at least one of those things today when they hit the ice for practice. There was some good-ish news and some not so good news.
With Tomas Jurco recalled, it doesn't sound like we can expect any injured forwards to be back by Thursday.
- Jonathan Ericsson had his first full practice today since suffering the fractured ribs against the Islanders on December 23rd. Riggy said he felt pretty good, and while he has ruled Thursday out, there's a possibility he could be eyeing Saturday against the Kings as his return game. This is only good-ish news because while he said that himself, Ansar Khan reported that he was still 1-2 weeks away. Ericsson said he felt good in his first practice, but he still needs to see if he's healed enough to be able to do everything he'll need to, battling in the corners, etc...
- Jimmy Howard practiced, though he did share a net with Jonas Gustavsson, while Petr Mrazek got the other one all to himself. Jimmy said he felt good and was good to play against the Rangers on Thursday. We'll see if he actually does or not, but it's a relief his "injury" isn't as bad as originally thought.
The Not So Good-ish
- Darren Helm skated today and said he's feeling better, but he still has no timetable for his return and is still "Day-To-Day". He said after skating today that he felt "Not bad, not great, not good enough... Getting better."
- Johan Franzen had a "quite intense" with shoving along the boards, and some net front power play practice. Afterwards he said he didn't feel great, got dizzy from the movement, had trouble focusing, and is continuing to hope his symptoms go away soon.
- Pavel Datsyuk practiced and took part in the line rushed. He also left practice early and there's no word on why.
- Daniel Alfredsson was absent from practice, and has missed the past 2 games with back spasms.
- Henrik Zetterberg was also absent from practice, but Ken Holland said it was a "maintenance day". Players have been sick, so it's possible he wasn't feeling well.
- Gustavsson practiced a little today and said he's feeling better but there's still no timetable for his return.