It's another installment of Quick Hits around the NHL - a quick look at news about the Wings found online over the past couple of days. If I missed a story, please feel free to leave a link to it in the comment section.
- Chris Osgood's ten-day breather will end on Friday when he starts in net against the LA KIngs when they come to Detroit. Ozzie will back up Ty Conklin in Wednesday's Western Conference showdown against the San Jose Sharks.
- Defenseman Brad Stuart plans to return to the lineup on Wednesday and will be reunited with partner Niklas Kronwall, who had been paired up with captain Nicklas Lidstrom during Stuart's 14-game absence. The interim pairing has really helped Kronner's play of late with 13 assists over the last 14 games.
- The Wings will possibly have 15 forwards fighting for 12 spots if everyone is healthy for the postseason. So who will get left out? Ville Leino and Darren Helm certainly made an impression in their time here in Detroit. After watching Helm in the playoffs last year and head coach Mike Babcock expressing his interest in seeing that again, I have a hard time seeing Helm not earning a spot on that fourth line. Babs just keeps shuffling that last line in the hopes that he'll find something that sticks. A Detroit Free Press article talks about how Tomas Kopecky is battling for that last spot and the Detroit News discusses how he came back from ACL injury.
- IwoCPO at Abel to Yzerman compares the Sharks and Wings - who would win if they both made it to the WCF?
- The Detroit Free Press chronicled Ty Conklin's journey from journeyman to cup defender.
- Check out an interview Henrik Zetterberg had with Expressen and then George Malik at Snapshots translated for us to enjoy in English. It's a great read as Hank talks about life in Detroit and his typical pre-game routine.