Here are some quick links on a hot, humid summer evening in southeast Michigan:
- Sports Illustrated's Allan Muir posts his first power rankings of the season, placing the Red Wings in the No. 3 slot thanks to their loss of nearly 90 goals in the off-season exodus.
- Snapshots and Abel to Yzerman blogged about the Todd Bertuzzi rumor floating around out there.
- Clark at DetroitHockey.net looks forward to learning of any jersey number changes and what number the new guys will be wearing. He offers up his guesses for the upcoming season's roster.
- Detroit Examiner's Mike Mouat continues his scouting report series with his take on Brad Stuart.
- We all know there's a ton of Red Wings' videos on YouTube -- I don't know about you but I've spent way too much time watching those videos. The blog Snipe Snipe, Dangle Dangle has a list of the top ten Detroit videos on YouTube and you'll want to see these videos.
- Fellow SBN hockey blog Canes Country collected a list of teams' odds to win the Cup this season. Unsurprisingly, the Wings sit atop the list with 4/1 odds.
- I'm sure many of you have heard about different team's fan conventions. Well, the Wings are hosting an event similar to a fan convention called HockeyFest -- Q&A with management and appearances by players (Jason Williams, Kris Draper, and Dan Cleary) -- on August 28. For more info about where to get tickets, check out the Red Wings' website.
- A week after the 2010 Winter Classic, Fenway Park will host a college hockey doubleheader per TSN including a game between Boston College and Boston University.
- Puck Daddy has five ways to improve the NHL Network while The Columbus Dispatch writes about how the NHL needs ESPN.