That's right folks: one week from today the Red Wings will kick off the 2010-2011 season at home against the Anaheim Ducks. But first, the Wings have to get through a home and home against the Toronto
Fighting Lebdas Maple Leafs and then a home preseason finale against the Penguins.
Red Wings links:
- Head to the Polls. It's Time to Vote Hollis makes note of the vote going on for the new TP60 logo (formerly The Obstructed View) before the show kicks off. Head on over and check it out and place your vote. [The Production Line]
- 2010-2011 Player Previews: Brian Rafalski Kris previews Brian Rafalski and relives the good old days of Olympic Rafalski. [Snipe Snipe, Dangle Dangle]
- The Odd Couple Chief talks about time spent sharing A2Y with George Malik before Malik moves on to his new spot [A2Y]
- Bertuzzi scratched, Ritola running out of time Ansar Khan provides a quick update on tonight's lineup as Bertuzzi is out with tightness in his back. [MLive]
- Game Day Notes: vs. Toronto Matt Saler offers up a preview on tonight's game with a good collection of news and notes about the line-ups and expectations [On the Wings]
SB Nation and other links:
- Jack Shill - there's always a story to be told Go learn some Leafs history before tonight's preseason game. Really extensive profile of Shill, a Leaf in the 30s. Shill scored three goals in 32 seconds in 1932, a former record [Pension Plan Puppets]
- NHL animal logos: meek or menacing g Mike Chen looks at the history of animal mascots in the NHL . Bonus bonus bonus points for a Tomaco reference.
- V for Ville Yes, a Ville Leino shirt has arrived. Also, a good Penguins bandwagon shirt. [Broad Street Hockey]
- Passing the Buck on Growing Women's Hockey Bruce Peter takes a look at international women's hockey. Go read it and if you like international hockey, be sure to keep up with Bruce as he does great work. [Puck Worlds]
- Darcy Tucker Announces Retirement Darren Dreger makes note that former Maple Leaf and Avalanche(r) Darcy Tucker retires. Tucker tallied 476 points in his 14 year career. Yes, really. [TSN]
- What is the Worst Song of All-Time? Gabe goes a bit off topic with this but still worthy of linkage. My vote? uh...anything by Nickelback. [Behind the Net]
- Back to the Future: The N.H.L.'s Blogger Guidelines Yes, the New York Times really uses periods. But anyhoo, it's an interesting article. Maybe only to me though... [NY Times]