Since these two teams last met, the Kings beat the Flames 2-1 and lost to the Wild 3-2 in OT. The Red Wings have gone 2-2, losing to the Sharks and Predators but beating the Canadiens and Devils. Today's game is one of three Western Conference games the Wings have this week; facing the Blues on Wednesday and the Blackhawks on Friday.
The Kings are lead offensively by Anze Kopitar, Justin Williams and Dustin Brown--not much has changed since the last meeting.
Jewels From The Crown is your SB Nation LA Kings' site
More including the form after the jump
Jimmy Howard is starting in net tonight it seems. Hopefully he'll have a performance like he did against Montreal and not one like against San Jose. Does Jimmy have a good night or a bad one?
- Tonight's game is on VERSUS. Mullets will be in high definition. Your favorite mullet of all time? Mine goes to this.
- The Wings now lead the NHL in the goals per game category with 3.43. LA is 19th with 2.59 per. The Kings have a better goals against per game than the Red Wings do though.
Pavel Datsyuk is starting to separate himself a little bit from the rest of the team as he now has 36 points (11 G, 25 A) in all 28 games so far. Pavel has been excellent this year and is actually sixth in the league in scoring. Will he catch Crosby/Stamkos? Probably not, but we don't need him to either. Thoughts on Pavel's play so far?
- Justin Abdelkader leads the team in +/-. No really, he does. He also leads the team in hits, but you probably could have guessed that.
- Since the majority of you are probably in a good mood since the Lions won, let's play a fun game. What position would each Red Wing play on the Lions?
Score Prediction: 3-2 Detroit. I think it's a pretty close game but Detroit pulls it out late.
Player of the Game Prediction: Dan Cleary. He finds ways to get things done this year. Why the hell not?
- Around the League: The Capitals have now gone winless (0-5-1) in their last six games and were beat handily by the Rangers 7-0 last night. Ovechkin ended up fighting Brandon Dubinsky in that game. Stupid Penguins have won 12 in a row, putting them a solid 29 points above the Islanders.
- Random topic discussion: Futurama. GO!