Classy meal for a classy fanbase.
Detroit follows it's 5-3 victory over the Sharks by heading into Anaheim to take on the Ducks. The Ducks got hot for a bit but then cooled off. However, they're only 2 points back of first place Dallas in the Pacific Division. The Ducks have shown the ability to turn it on at times this season and be a threat with Ryan Getzlaf, Corey Perry and Bobby Ryan. However, they've also showed numerous instances of going completely flat and playing very uninspired hockey.
The question for tonight is which of those two teams will show up to play the Red Wings?
More after the jump and Anaheim Calling is your SB Nation page for the Ducks.
- Jimmy Howard will start in net for the Red Wings and Chris Osgood will back him up, finally returning to the active roster. It has been almost 2.5 fortnights since Howard has not been in between the pipes for the Red Wings. How pleased have you been with Jimmy's efforts this season?
- The Ducks are incredibly streaky. Started the season on 3 straight losses, alternated losses for 8 straight games (that's a streak isn't it?), won six straight, lost six straight (2 OT), and have most recently won 3 straight. So...they're due for a loss maybe?
- Anaheim allows a lot of shots per game (34.4 avg) while Detroit fires about 33.6 on net per. Will the Wings put a shooting gallery type of attack into place tonight?
- George Parros went to Princeton. Classy.
- Pavel Datsyuk and Henrik Zetterberg need to keep up this type of performance. I know that's asking a lot for them to put up those types of numbers every night and I don't expect that at all. It was just be pretty, you know, sweet.
- Anaheim has allowed four or more goals in 11 games and a lot of reason for the drop off in their defense is the loss of Scott Niedermayer. The Ducks' defense isn't close to what it used to be and the Wings need to look to exploit that and keep the pressure in Hiller's end.
- Bobby Ryan leads the Ducks in goals and Corey Perry leads team in overall points. I think if the Wings are able to shut those two (as well as Getzlaf) down or at least limit their impact then they should be able to leave Anaheim with a win.
Anaheim Ducks Injuries
Player Injury Type Injury Date Aaron Voros other-excused 12/03/2010
Out (IR / Out / Suspended / Physically unvailable)
Player Injury Type Injury Date Jason Jaffray knee 09/21/2010
- Player of the game prediction: Pavel Datsyuk. He and Zetterberg have been turning it up and it's hard to pick against them at either of them at this point.
- Score prediction: 4-1 Detroit. I think the Wings continue on their success with a big win over the Ducks