- If you haven't already, be sure to check out the results to our Playoff Prediction Contest. Odds are you did better than the majority of the WIIM writers, so good going.
- The Predators fixed the final blunder in their Restricted Free Agent goof by signing Sergei Kostitsyn on Friday.
- Viktor Stalberg, a promising young forward, was re-signed by Chicago over the weekend. You know free agency has calmed down when this is the biggest signing.
- The Capitals traded Eric Fehr to the Winnipeg Jets, yet another case of the newly reformed Jets acquiring Manitoba natives. The move has some Wings fans foaming at the mouth believing this to be in anticipation of an Alexander Semin trade.
- Malik, currently covering the Prospects Camp in Traverse City, says that Chris Osgood will not get back from his golfing trip until today. Holland is expected to speak with him as soon as possible and inform him of the goaltender situation. As it stood last week, it was down to Ty Conklin and Ozzy as possibilities with Joey MacDonald having a small outside chance because his offer in Europe is apparently off-the-table now. (via multiple tweets from Malik)
- The guys at MLive have the best coverage, as far as I can see, of the hirings of Jeff Blashill and Bill Peters.
- Mike Modano expects to decide whether to retire by the end of the month.