- Yep. Chris Osgood retired yesterday. As always, Malik seems to have the best coverage, with an overabundance of quotes from Osgood and Holland to quotes from players and others.
- The debate has already begun about the Hall of Fame. (almost every word in that snippet is a different link)
- Per Khan and Macomb Daily and Free Press and just about everyone, via Malik, we will bring back Ty Conklin this morning as our backup goalie, much faster than anyone had anticipated. Khan reports it is a 1 year, $1 million deal which will likely mean Joey Mac as our backup in 2013.
- Steven Stamkos finally re-signed with Yzerman's Lightning yesterday. 5 years, $37.5 million. A bargain compared to the 10 year, $100 million contract he had reportedly been seeking. This leaves just Drew Doughty and Shea Weber as top-tier free agents left on the market. Both are restricted (Weber will go to arbitration relatively soon) and unlikely to leave their current teams, so get those nasty thoughts out of your head now.
- The Devils announced that Peter DeBoer is their new head coach. If you remember, he was originally rumored to be in the running as an assistant coach under Babcock. He has 3 years of head coaching experience with the Panthers.
- Patrick Kane had surgery on his broken wrist yesterday. It went well and he is still expected back by training camp.
- The Ducks signed recently acquired Andrew Cogliano to a 3 year, $7.17 million deal which doesn't seem bad considering what players got on the open market this year.