- Penguins defenseman Brooks Orpik had hernia surgery yesterday.
- Patrick Lalime retired. I wasn't aware he was as old as he is nor that he played 12 seasons. Either way, a lot of commenters are comparing his stats to Osgood's and asking if he should be in the Hall of Fame as well.
- Yzerman inched closer to wrapping up his team for next season yesterday by re-signing Teddy Purcell. Purcell played in 81 games and had 51 points last year as a second line forward. Yzerman is still two forwards short of a full roster. Anyone have any guesses of who he might go after? Yahoo's depth chart has him needing Left Wingers.
- Chris Campoli, a very promising defenseman, was made an unrestricted free agent yesterday when the Blackhawks decided not to pay an agreed upon price for him.
- In Red Wings news, Justin Abdelkader flew with the Blue Angels yesterday. I don't think I could ever do it, could you?
- Rory Boylen from The Hockey News continues his series of posts from the Pavel Datsyuk Hockey School in Ekaterinsburg Russia.