- Absolutely terrible puns aside, it is seeming more and more likely that Ty Conklin will backup Jimmy Howard next season. After erroneous tweets yesterday that we had signed the former Wing, Malik reported that Ken Holland would not make a decision until speaking with Chris Osgood later this week. As Holland likes to do, it would appear that Ozzy will be the first to know of any decision. If Conklin is signed, Khan makes it sound like Ozzy will call it a career.
- The Winnipeg Jets made the first big move of their new franchise by re-signing Thrashers (and likely Jets) captain Andrew Ladd to a 5 year, $22 million deal. Seems fair to me.
- You can give all the Keith Yandle trade talks a rest: the defenseman re-signed with the Coyotes yesterday for 5 years, $26 million.
- Odd little trade: Boston lost Tomas Kaberle to Carolina via free agency but acquired top defenseman Joe Corvo from them for a 4th round pick. How often does that happen?
- Mike Babcock should have his new assistant coaches by the end of the week. Via Malik:
Two possibilities include former Florida coach Pete DeBoer and ex-Windsor Spitfires coach Bob Boughner.