- This one is interesting: what would a hockey jersey look like in the soccer world? Gotta say... I still like the Wings jersey the most. [Futbol Hockey Kit via Puck Daddy]
- Greg Wyshynski looks at ways to improve the power play as the NHL R&D Camp, led by Brendan Shanahan, is about to get under way. Included is the 2 minute major and stricter enforcement of the goalie delay-of-game rules. [Puck Daddy]
- Helene St. James has another player preview up, this time for Ian White. She says that White should help offset the lost offense from Rafalski retiring and that Ericsson should challenge him for the fourth spot on the team. [Detroit Free Press]
- Here is a feed of interest: official Red Wings Twitter accounts all in one feed. Needless to say, it is almost exclusively a Mike Commodore list. [@RedWingsFeed via Malik]
- UPDATE: Season previews are all the rage right now, and Kevin from Hell on Ice is in the midst of looking at all 30 teams. Today he takes on the Wings, and Graham was kind enough to provide some guest commentary. Check it out. [Hell on Ice]
So, for some discussion today, let's go the soccer/futbol route. If the Wings were a soccer team, who would play what positions? What would the name of our field be? Who would you want sponsoring the team, as ad-less jerseys are not an option in soccer?