- A vote was held yesterday in Nassau County to determine if the tax payers would support a $400 million proposal to build a new arena and ballpark on Long Island. The arena would have been used for the Islanders. The vote did not pass and, at one point, voter turnout was described as "abysmal." What does this mean for the Islanders? Their current lease does not run out until 2015, so it is highly unlikely anything happens before then. Beyond 2015, however, it is likely they will move away from Long Island. The currently-under-construction Barclays Center, future home of the Brooklyn Nets, is a very strong possibility as it keeps the team in New York, though it is also possible that they move elsewhere. The most commonly mentioned cities are Quebec and Hamilton with Seattle and Portland getting a bit of discussion as well. Either way, it looks as if the Islanders tenure on Long Island is about to end.
- There was some good news for Islanders fans yesterday: they may not be stuck with Rick DiPietro all season (if he can even play a full season at this point). Evgeni Nabokov, picked off waivers after the Red Wings tried to sign him last season, has decided to report to training camp.
- Chris Chelios is going to the US Hockey Hall of Fame. Joining him are Gary Suter, Keith Tkachuk, Doc Emerick, and Ed Snider.
- 5 years, $28.8 million is what the San Jose Sharks believe Brent Burns is worth.
- Finally, one of my new favorite sites, Icethetics, has a post up detailing all the currently known jersey and logo changes for next season. Most of it is minor and/or third jerseys, but there is some good information in there. Question of the day: other than Detroit, which team has your favorite jersey and logos?