The last 2 years, we have had some fun with prognosticating the upcoming season. Not content to just say things like "the Red Wings will make the playoffs" or "Corey Perry will act like a dickwad", we wanted to come up with a challenge.
Being the competitive people that we are, we kept track of each other's predictions. For those of you who have been around for a while, you all know that our fearless leader, J.J., enjoys being right. Perhaps even more than being right, he enjoys letting people know that he's right.
That's why it gives me great pleasure....wait. "Great" isn't the right word. Immense? No. Ultimate? Still not good enough. I don't what kind of pleasure it gives me to announce that I was the winner this year, but whatever that word is, it can't begin to describe how nice it feels to know that, just this once, J.J. doesn't get to say that he was right. Those of you have been on the wrong end of an argument with him (and that number is very high), please feel free to live vicariously through me and revel in this victory.
I would have included Jeff, but he was so bad at this, I actually feel some pity for him.
After the jump, we look back at our predictions with our comments, and we'll take a look at some of your predictions that came true.
(Jeff) - Technically this isn't wrong. I never said he'd win it for the 2011-12 season. I just said he'd win it. He still can. Suck on that.
Vancouver wins west regular season standing but it is alot closer than just about everyone thinks it will be (by 3-5 points from second). - dwkrueger
4. Jimmy Howard will earn at least 5 shutouts this year. - tehGOALIE
3) New Jersey will not need Jacques Lemaire to reach the postseason
10) A team will win the Stanley Cup at home - RandomWingsDude
1) Of the three bottom dwellers in each conference (OTT,NYI,FLA,COL,CMB,EDM), one will make the playoffs this year. - Elfuego51
8) The Bruins make a first round playoff exit - Red, White and a Mile high
10. And MY BOLDEST PREDICTION. Jiri Hudler is never traded. DUNN DUNN DUHNNNNN - greg5897