2p ET, Joe Louis Arena
TV: Fox Sports Detroit, CBC
Radio: 97.1 The Ticket
Oilers Blog: Copper & Blue
Jeff's power went out before he could write this blurb.
The Expected Lineup
Damien Brunner - Henrik Zetterberg - Johan Franzen
Daniel Cleary - Valtteri Filppula - Pavel Datsyuk
Tomas Tatar - Justin Abdelkader - Drew Miller
Joakim Andersson - Cory Emmerton - Jordin Tootoo
Niklas Kronwall - Brian Lashoff
Kyle Quincey - Jonathan Ericsson
Kent Huskins - Ian White
Jimmy Howard (starting)
Scratches: Jakub Kindl, Patrick Eaves
Injuries: Brendan Smith (shoulder), Darren Helm (back), Jonas Gustavsson (groin), Carlo Colaiacovo (shoulder), Mikael Samuelsson (groin) and Jan Mursak (shoulder)
|OILERS||THE MATCH-UP||RED WINGS|
|4-3-3 (11 pts; T-7th in West)||Record||5-4-1 (11 pts; T-7th in West)|
|2.30 (T-22nd in NHL)||Goals Per Game||2.70 (T-15th in NHL)|
|2.60 (T-12th)||Goals Against Per Game||2.90 (20th)|
|28.3% (4th)||Power Play %||12.0% (26th)|
|87.2% (7th)||Penalty Kill %||69.6% (29th)|
|Nail Yakupov (5 goals)||Goal Leader||2 tied with 5 goals|
|Sam Gagner (11 points)||Points Leader||Henrik Zetterberg (14 points)|
- The Red Wings are 56-36-13-11 (W-L-T-OTL) all-time against the Edmonton Oilers.
- Edmonton has lost four straight games. The last two have come in overtime.
- Last time these two teams squared off was just over a year ago, February 8, 2012. Detroit won 4-2 and 10 different Wings registered a point. Franzen scored a power play goal while Emmerton, Miller and Zetterberg all scored at even strength. Abdelkader led to the team with two points, both of which game on assists.
- Detroit is 3-0-1 against the Oilers last season.
- Howard is 6-1-2 with a 2.28 GAA and .915 SV% with one shutout in 9 career starts against the Oilers.