9:30p ET, Rexall Place
TV: Fox Sports Detroit, RDS2
Radio: 97.1 The Ticket
Oilers Blog: Copper & Blue
If the Red Wings lose tonight, well, this season could get ugly. I've mentioned in the past here in this space that this season is a roller coaster. Right now, it's one of the bigger dips on the ride. Detroit has certainly lost more games in a row this season, but three straight defeats at the hands of the Blue Jackets and Flames is just about as low as it gets. And yes, I know the BJs are playing solid right now and I still don't care. You don't get swept in a home-and-home to them. That should not happen. Last night's game in Calgary was an embarrassment. A loss tonight could turn the entire season into an embarrassment.
The Expected Lineup
Damien Brunner - Henrik Zetterberg - Valtteri Filppula
Johan Franzen - Pavel Datsyuk - Justin Abdelkader
Daniel Cleary -- Joakim Andersson -- Gustav Nyquist
Drew Miller - Cory Emmerton - Jordin Tootoo
Niklas Kronwall - Jonathan Ericsson
Kyle Quincey - Brendan Smith
Brian Lashoff - Jakub Kindl
Jimmy Howard (starting)
Scratches: Patrick Eaves, Kent Huskins and Ian White
Injuries: Mikael Samuelsson (finger), Todd Bertuzzi (back), Darren Helm (back) and Carlo Colaiacovo (shoulder)
|RED WINGS||THE MATCH-UP||OILERS|
|12-10-5 (29 pts; 9th in West)||Record||10-11-5 (25 pts; 13th in West)|
|2.52 (20th in NHL)||Goals Per Game||2.38 (24th in NHL)|
|2.56 (10th)||Goals Against Per Game||2.85 (21st)|
|15.1% (25th)||Power Play %||23.1% (7th)|
|78.4% (25th)||Penalty Kill %||83.8% (7th)|
|Damien Brunner (10 goals)||Goal Leader||Sam Gagner (10 goals)|
|Henrik Zetterberg (27 points)||Points Leader||Sam Gagner (25 points)|
- The Red Wings are 58-36-13-11 (W-L-T-OTL) all-time against the Edmonton Oilers.
- Edmonton has won two straight after ending their five game losing streak. They've scored 10 goals in their two wins.
- The Wings are 2-1-0 on Fridays this season. This is their first road game on a Friday. In every Friday game they've played the winning team has scored 5 goals.
- Detroit is 3-2-0 against Canadian teams this season.
- The last time these two teams met was March 7. This is the last time the Red Wings won a game. Detroit took home a 3-0 shutout victory. Kindl, Emmerton and Abdelkader scored.
- Detroit is 5-3-2 in their last 10 games. Edmonton is 4-4-2.
- Howard is 8-1-2 with a 1.96 GAA and .925 SV% with 2 shutouts in 11 career starts against the Oilers.