9:30p ET, Scotiabank Saddledome
TV: Fox Sports Detroit Plus, TSN
Radio: 97.1 The Ticket
Flames Blogs: Matchsticks and Gasoline
The Expected Lineup
Henrik Zetterberg - Pavel Datsyuk - Justin Abdelkader
Johan Franzen - Valtteri Filppula - Daniel Cleary
Gustav Nyquist - Joakim Andersson - Damien Brunner
Drew Miller - Cory Emmerton - Patrick Eaves/Jordin Tootoo
Niklas Kronwall - Jonathan Ericsson
Brendan Smith - Kyle Quincey
Danny DeKeyser - Jakub Kindl
Brian Lashoff - Carlo Colaiacovo
Jimmy Howard (starting)
Scratches: Ian White and friends
Injuries: Mikael Samuelsson (upper body), Todd Bertuzzi (back) and Darren Helm (back)
|RED WINGS||THE MATCH-UP||FLAMES|
|20-15-7 (47 pts; 8th in West)||Record||16-22-4 (36 pts; 14th in West)|
|2.48 (20th in NHL)||Goals Per Game||2.69 (13th in NHL)|
|2.45 (10th)||Goals Against Per Game||3.38 (29th)|
|18.1% (15th)||Power Play %||19.6% (10th)|
|80.6% (20th)||Penalty Kill %||80.2% (21st)|
|Pavel Datsyuk (13 goals)||Goal Leader||Curtis Glencross (15 goals)|
|Pavel Datsyuk (41 points)||Points Leader||2 tied with 28 points|
- The Red Wings are 68-64-16-1 (W-L-T-OTL) all-time against the Calgary Flames.
- Calgary has won 2 of it's last 3 games and is 2-0-0 against the Wings this season.
- The Wings are 0-3-1 on Wednesdays this season.
- The last time these two teams met was March 13. Gustavsson was a disaster. Kronwall and Filppula scored for the Wings
- Detroit is 4-4-2 in their last 10 games. Calgary is 3-7-0
- Howard is 7-4-0 with a 2.63 GAA and .905 SV% in 11 career regular starts against the Flames.