7:30p ET, Joe Louis Arena
TV: NBCSN, TSN2
Radio: 97.1 The Ticket
Kings Blog: Jewels From The Crown
Todd Bertuzzi might be returning tonight. That sentence makes me way too happy and I don't really care. Hell, the Wings should play 11 forwards the majority of the game, give Bert a few shifts and save him for the shootout. Bottom line, we love Bert (well, most of us anyway). This team could use his skill and size. I'd love to see #44 back on the ice.
If Bert hits the ice, expect to see Eaves take a seat in the Leino Lounge. The defense will likely stay the same. Although I would not be shocked to see Lashoff get a chance to get back on the ice. If so, please sit Quincy. I hope you're reading, Mike.
The Expected Lineup
Johan Franzen - Pavel Datsyuk - Justin Abdelkader
Valtteri Filppula - Henrik Zetterberg - Daniel Cleary
Gustav Nyquist - Joakim Andersson - Damien Brunner
Patrick Eaves - Cory Emmerton - Jordin Tootoo
Niklas Kronwall - Jonathan Ericsson
Brendan Smith - Kyle Quincey
Danny DeKeyser - Jakub Kindl
Jimmy Howard (starting)
Scratches: Ian White, Brian Lashoff and Carlo Colaiacovo
Injuries: Drew Miller (hand), Mikael Samuelsson (upper body), Todd Bertuzzi (back) and Darren Helm (back)
|KINGS||THE MATCH-UP||RED WINGS|
|26-15-5 (57 pts; 4th in West)||Record||21-16-8 (50 pts; 9th in West)|
|2.76 (10th in NHL)||Goals Per Game||2.47 (21st in NHL)|
|2.37 (7th)||Goals Against Per Game||2.38 (9th)|
|20.4% (10th)||Power Play %||18.5% (15th)|
|83.4% (9th)||Penalty Kill %||81.0% (15th)|
|Jeff Carter (26 goals)||Goal Leader||Pavel Datsyuk (13 goals)|
|Anze Kopitar (41 points)||Points Leader||2 tied 41 points|
- The Red Wings are 81-79-27-2 (W-L-T-OTL) all-time against the Los Angeles Kings.
- Los Angeles lost to the Wild last night. The Kings are 5-1-1 in the second night of a back-to-back (crap).
- The Wings are 0-4-1 on Wednesdays this season (crap again).
- Last time these two teams met was February 27 in L.A. The Kings won 2-1. Quincey scored the Wings lone goal, but only because Jonathan Bernier screwed up. It was the Quinceyest Quincey goal ever.
- Detroit is 4-3-3 in their last 10 games. L.A. is 6-2-2.
- Howard is 6-6-0 with a 2.69 GAA and .916 SV% with in 12 career regular starts against the Kings.