We're back with another episode of WIIM Radio now that the season has started. We have me, Jeff, Graham, and Joe talking Red Wings hockey and Michelle dropping the prospects report for us. Here's a rundown of how things played out:
- Dylan Larkin! - Jeff didn't want to wait to talk about the wunderkid so we led off espousing what makes the guy so special to the Wings and why we're all sporting massive Dylan Larkin banners.
- Setting the Roster - Hopefully the second-to-last time we ever have to speak objectively about Dan Clearys use to the Red Wings on ice, we go over what it means for him to have been waived and refuse assignment, as well as some other rosterbatory discussion.
- The Wings started off 2-0! - Breaking down the Toronto and Carolina games, we try to make excuses for why winning hockey games in which you get badly outshot isn't a portent of doom in early October and also congratulate some people on doing a good job.
- Prospects Report - The Griffins started off 0-2 in California, but Michelle gives us a really good rundown on why that's not a bad thing, as well as player-by-player evals for the BAM line. Then she goes on to discuss how our non-AHL prospects are doing, including some really promising stuff about the future of Detroit's blue line.
- Reader Questions - Did you ask a good question? We probably answered it! We were almost certainly polite about that too!
- - -
You can listen to the episode via the embedded player above or visit our Blogtalk Radio page to download this one and/or check out our archives for past WIIM Radio goodness. You can also search us out on iTunes and listen through your fancy portable music box thingy if you're so inclined.
As always, WIIM Radio is rated R. Sailors don't think it's a big deal and they seem like pretty cool people.