Welcome to this week's episode of WIIM Radio. You'll notice that it wasn't done live this week, but rather recorded on Monday night. We've traded in the live episodes for something a bit more produced. This is our first run as we transition the show to a bit more polished product. We're still hosted over at Blogtalk Radio where you can check out the archives or you can listen to/download this week's episode in the embedded player above.
You can also find us on iTunes by searching for Winging It In Motown. New episodes will automatically become available almost immediately after we upload them.
We had a bit of a skeleton crew this run around with Jeff and Kyle joining me for the general talk while Michelle provided us with the prospects report. Here's a rundown on what we covered.
- The Pulkkinen and Jurco Signings - What they mean for the club and how the team stands right now. Also, what Jurco's recent comments to the Slovakian press really mean.
- Rosterbation - What needs to change before the NHL season kicks off to get the Wings ready to win and cap compliant.We go over line combinations and learn something new about Jeff.
- Atlantic Division & Eastern Conference Preview - We'll take a really early look at how things are stacking up for the division and conference and try to figure out where the Wings stand.How many teams will the Atlantic send to the playoffs this year and can Detroit pull off the division crown?
- Prospects Report - Michelle will join in to talk prospects and get us primed up for the Prospects Tournament coming up.
- Expansion/Realignment Talk - The NHL got two bids and could see even more movement. What could it mean for the unbalanced conferences if the league adds a team from Quebec? What should we name the new teams? How dumb would Quebec in the west be?
- Reader Questions - We'll go over the questions the readers left for us to make sure we covered all the topics.
Give us a listen and let us know your thoughts. We'll be recording again on August 10th and hope to turn that one around a little faster.