Listen to WIIM Radio: Western Road Trip Edition
Welcome to another episode of WIIM Radio. The Wings are out West, but we're all together in the studio pumping out quality online podcast content for your listening pleasure. We went a bit old school tonight with me, Kyle, Jeff, and Graham chewing the fat that is the ass of the Red Wings lately. Here's what we went over:
- The Kings loss and the road trip - The Wings had a loss coming, so we're not terribly bummed out by the loss in Los Angeles. Hopefully the loss will reset the less-than-stellar play leading up to it.
- The cap situation - Elliotte Friedman explained what Ken Holland meant about the "$66M" cap in regards to the timing of Pavel Datsyuk going on LTIR. We try to make sense of it all in regards to what exactly they can and can't spend.
- Drew Miller tinfoil time - If he gets a contract this summer, you know for damn well certain it has something to do with the timing of his torn meniscus. I'm not saying, I'm just saying...
- Kyle Quincey, playing seven defensemen, and Smith sucked again - What is the plan for the defense going forward and what was the plan for the defense on Monday night? Should Kyle Quincey get pillow-soft usage? Should the pairings be mixed again? Will I ask any more rhetorical questions where the obvious answer is yes? Tune in and find out.
- WTF Gustav Nyquist - 10 games without a goal and only 16 shots on goal during that period. What the hell, man?
- Prospects Report - Michelle walks us through all the happy-haps in prospects land, including what's going down with the Griffins of late.
- Reader Questions - You asked a bunch of good questions and we gave probably 80% good answers. That's pretty efficient if you ask me.
- The week ahead - Listen to Jeff crap on all your dreams.
- - -
You can listen to the episode via the embedded player above or on our Blogtalk Radio page. You can also search us out and leave feedback for us on iTunes. As always, WIIM Radio is rated R for brief nudity and language.