WIIM Radio Mailbag: Farewell to 2015 Edition
Welcome to the last WIIM Radio mailbag of 2015. Unfortunately for Doogie 28, it's not our last ever. You'll survive, Doogie. You always do.
Anyway, here's a brief rundown of topics we'll have to go over as we record our latest episode tonight after the Jets game:
- The Jets/Wild Games - Immediate reaction to however the hell the Red Wings do tonight in Winnipeg and a compare/contrast to how bad they looked against Minnesota the night before. It's always a dodgy proposition recording right after a game because losses make me feel like never talking again.
- Other Happenings of the Last Week - The Wings did a pretty good job in Nashville on Saturday night pulling out the win there in a tightly contested match. Elsewhere, Xavier Ouellet was returned to Grand Rapids and Eric Tangradi was called up.
- Around the NHL/Around the Horn - Detroit had a day atop the Atlantic, Florida had a day atop the Atlantic, I think Boston might have had a day atop the Atlantic in there too. Currently the Habs are back atop the most tightly-contested division in hockey, where there's only a five-point spread between first and sixth places. Right now the race for the Presidents Trophy looks like it's down to just Washington and Dallas. Who has the edge there?
- Prospects Talk/WJC stuff - Unfortunately, we won't have a Michelle-driven prospects report, so we're going to be real light on coverage of the Griffins, but we'll go over how things are going in the western part of the state and also over in Finland where the World Juniors are happening.
- Reader Questions - The big important thing where we need you to help with my favorite part of the show. You ask questions in the comments below and we'll go over them to make sure we don't miss out on any of the topics you want to hear about. We'll take questions up to pretty late tonight, so feel free to ask early and to ask late if you so desire.
- The Week Ahead - Detroit will be at home for Pittsburgh on New Year's Eve, in Buffalo on Saturday afternoon, and in New Jersey on Monday. All winnable games?
As a programming note, we probably won't have this one up early on Wednesday, but we do plan to post it as quickly as we can get it all finalized. Go ahead and ask away!