WIIM Radio Mailbag: Valentine's Edition
Welcome to another WIIM Radio mailbag. It's been a week since we last saw you and the Wings have played four games in that time, so we'll have plenty to discuss on this week's episode. We'll be recording tonight after the kiddos go to bed so we can say mean things about the Bruins. Here's what's on tap:
- The Week that Was - The Wings went 2-1-1 in their four games with victories over Ottawa and Boston, a shootout loss to Colorado, and a good old-fashioned butt-whoopin' at the hands of the Isles on Monday. We'll tell you how you should feel about that so you don't have to worry about it.
- The Rise of Brendan Smith - Everybody's favorite imperfect defenseman was the topic of a thorough tire-pumping by Prashanth today. We'll give Jeff a bit of time to take that conclusion way beyond what's reasonable and then drag him back down to Earth before he gets his expectations too high.
- How to Manage the Back Stretch - The Wings have about one quarter of a season left and sit in decent shape, but a bad stretch could still cost them a shot at the playoffs. What do they need to do to make sure that doesn't happen?
- Prospects Report - Michelle gives us the rundown of what's going on with the underripe avocados on the farm, from AHL to CHL to across the pond.
- Reader Questions - Here's where you come in: you ask us questions in the comments below and then later we'll wade through all the comments which aren't actually questions and answer the ones that we haven't already gone over. Anything goes!
- The Week Ahead - We've got the Penguins, Sens, and Rangers ahead, including yet another back-to-back setup. How will the Wings fare?
- - -
We'll be recording late tonight so get your questions in before 10pm ET. LGRW!